homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud- Washington Post

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud- Washington Post
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:27:02 -0500

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:23 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> If he wins (& it looks like he will), I hope he has the heaviest majority
> of liberal democrats possible in the house, and 58 or 59 Dem Senators.
> That would be all it would take to destroy the democrat brand. The repub.
> party has already destroyed its brand. Maybe we could start over with fresh
> blood ....bobford

If you are right about Obama and the Democrats then an overwhelming
win on their part will, as you say, destroy the Democratic brand. Look
what it did to the Republicans over the last eight years. Okay, I know
you will start jumping up and down and yellowing Pelosi! Reid! Fine --
but Pelosi and Reid didn't get much done because the Senate
Republicans set an unprecendented record of filibustering or
threatening to filibuster Democratic bills and Bush was able to veto
the rest.

For a chart of obstructionism see
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/226/story/18218.html.

Marie