homestead - Re: [Homestead] Crock Pot thread

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Crock Pot thread
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:10:51 -0400

On Oct 29, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Don Bowen wrote:

I was hoping the crock pot thread would continue. I have a very small one
and am looking for something to put in it.

Wish I could put my hands on ours. (It was about $15 at WalMart or somewhere - very small), but here is what you do:

Put on measure Whole Oat Groats and two measures water in there at bedtime. Add a bit of sea salt. Some butter maybe, but you can do that in the morning.

Wake up to very good oatmeal. Adjust the amount of water to suit your preferences.

(HAH! Maybe a small pot put on top of the wood stove would do the same thing!)

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.