homestead - Re: [Homestead] Crock Pot thread

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Crock Pot thread
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:15:06 -0400

Sorry.
My birthmother actually wrote her own crock pot cookbook.
I might try to transcribe some of it here.

I use my crockpot at least once a week.
I roast things in it, venison, chicken, pork, beef, etc.
I cook chili in it..soups...large sides of vegetables, like green beans, ham and potatoes...
Ron likes mushy beans, so I soak my beans overnight, then cook them for an hour on the stove, then put them in the crockpot overnight. He like it.
Here is a list of recipes that my birthmother cooked at least partially in a crockpot
California Pilaf
Spinach Casserole
Hamburger casserole
texas hash
Green rice casserole
Sauerkraut supper
Mexican Red beans
Chili Spread for above Red beans
Spareribs and Kraut
Stuffed Green Peppers
Hot Dogs
Pork Chops
Swiss Steak
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Mulled Cider
Wassail
Hot Buttered Rum
Goulash
Braised Ham
Bourbon and Beef Roast
Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
Chicken and Noodles
Spaghetti
meat loaf
cheese and potato casserole
corn and ham casserole
beef and egg casserole

There's more recipes, but that should get you started.
I may have listed some non-crock pot recipes in there as my papers are all mixed together, but if something interests you, just ask and I will transcribe.

Bev

Don Bowen wrote:
I was hoping the crock pot thread would continue. I have a very small one
and am looking for something to put in it. Maybe a chili or a chicken soup,
all suggestions appreciated.

Don Bowen KI6DIU