homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 00:22:38 -0400

I lost my train of thought(multitasking cooking, etc.) and never finished my analogy.
If I DID borrow money to get myself out of debt, even that would be a temporary measure because I would pay it back, whereas another unacceptable-to-me-solution would be to get on welfare/the dole.
To me, that is the difference between the bailout(which is bad enough as it is) and what the Democratic leadership wants(which is totally unacceptable to me)...one represents a one time temporary mindset of help-where I eventually do for myself again,and one is a more long term mindset of having others do for me without me doing for myself.

I hope that answered your question as to how I see it as two different things. I personally would not want either, but apparently some people think a bailout is a good idea, and the majority think it did not go far enough to 'help', because they will be voting for more of the same.

If I screwed up my personal finances, I would never borrow money to get
myself out of trouble. That would only lead to more trouble. I would
just suck it up and take my lumps. I sure as hell wouldn't borrow money
from a bank or family..no bailout, no handout...If I am homeless, then I
deserve to be because I made bad decisions, and it is up to me and only
me to get myself straighten out and back on the right track without a
handout.

But back to the question,

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda