homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:27:51 -0700

On Oct 28, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Gene GeRue wrote:

We, too, have WMD. Many other countries have WMD. Shall we invade them
one by one?

Get with the program, Gene. It's like nukes; we and our friends are
allowed to have them. The Bad Guys are not (and we get to decide who are
the Bad Guys). Might makes right (makes one worry about what will happen
when we are no longer the mightiest...someone is going to open a can of
whup-ass on us).

Seems to me we are doing it to ourselves. Spending how many billions trillions on the unnecessary Iraq Invasion and occupation? Spending what will no doubt be over a trillion on profitizing big companies that have failed. Sending how many billions to oil-rich countries? Selling our country to China and how many others more sane than we?