homestead - Re: [Homestead] Don's looking for a lady?

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Don's looking for a lady?
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:54:31 -0400

I can't wade through all this....Bev, I don't know if my ex would suit Lynn. I would love him to have a nice person who *would* suit him, and just on the basis of lifestyle and some of Lynn's opinions, they might be a good match. I was mostly kidding, though, as I am most of the time when I write.

I divorced him because he is an alcoholic. When I first met him, a starry eyed 18 yo with a bad case of hero worship, I thought an alcoholic was someone who hit their wives or crashed their cars and in general made a bad end of themselves. I had no idea someone could be a "functional alcoholic", and how big a problem that could be when it came to raising children together.

He hit bottom after I left and has been dry for a long time. AA and the whole bit.

He's still the person I loved, and married, though, and has been a good friend to me, and I to him, I think. He works like a dog, never whines, and really, all he needs is a pat on the head at the end of the day to feel like life is worthwhile. He's a good person. I want him to be happy. And, selfishly, whoever is with him has some influence on my kids and the wench he's been dating is a freaking loon. He has been holding her off, keeping it long distance and measured, but I'm afraid she will win the battle (moving in with him) by attrition. Right now he is working for my sister (still in Virginia) running her barn full time and the kids are not seeing enough of him. I tried to get him to come up here but we don't have seperate living quarters for him here, so, he's still down there.

Anyway, really, I was just kidding around a bit, since we were matchmaking like yentas. : )