homestead - Re: [Homestead] Don's looking for a lady?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Don's looking for a lady?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 21:28:39 -0500

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 9:07 PM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:
> I don't know that I'd want one that I found in the actual onion
> patch. ; )

I didn't even want Jim when he ran across my radar. When we became
friendly it was a surprise because I was possible even more hard-nosed
than I am now.

> Do what I did. Marry a city boy and lure him to the dark side.

Jim was sort of a city boy, except he had skills and had lived in
rural areas (though as a city person).

> Roy didn't even have a CAT when I met him. Now he's better with the
> sheep than I am.B

Jim had a cat. He really liked cats. Me, not so much. But he learned
about other animals tolerably well.

> Hell, I'd take Marie, if she's on offer. ; ) She's smart. In a many
> hands make light work and better evenings around the wood stove kind
> of way, not nothing kinky, you people! ; )

Thank you for thinking I'm smart. It's a tribute that even my family
does. People at work think I'm really smart, but nobody knows you like
your family. And even they concede that I'm smart.... and ....ta
da.....really sensible. Which shows what you can hide from the family.
:)

Sometimes I'm amazed that Jim and I found each other because we were
so eminently suited for one another -- makes me believe in
reincarnation. Maybe we were partners of some kind in a previous life.
Or siblings. Or something.

Marie, who misses having someone smart to hash and rehash the days
news with (which is why I'm here and a couple of other lists sort of
like this)