homestead - Re: [Homestead] Don's looking for a lady?

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Don's looking for a lady?
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:35:52 -0400

I'm on the "manless" list too. lol When Mike moved out, I never wanted another man around me again. I had been used and abused. The thought of living with a man again sent shivers up my spine. I don't shiver anymore.... in fact there are times when I actually miss having a man around now. However, he would have to be the RIGHT man. I live here in PA on my 1/2 acre. I've finally landed a good job with good pay that is not going to evaporate (I work at a power plant) and am getting things back in order financially. My dreams of have some acreage where I can provide for my normal living needs have not diminished. With land prices dropping, I'm hopping that in a about two or three years, I'll have my land. There are some nice rural areas around here that are within a reasonable drive to my work. My oldest daughter said that I'm going to wind up one of those crazy old ladies who lives alone on a secluded farm with her animals and shoots at people who venture up the driveway. lol Maybe. Or maybe I'll find a crazy old man to join me.

Wendy

Three years ago, I almost joined the ranks of the single women on the
list. I recall having a few conversations with Don during that time-and
I still appreciate the support he gave me. It was unexpected and very
welcome. But I recall Don, that you had similar issues, and that was
one of the reasons you took to the road. Then, a few days ago, you
spoke of your wife, and then spoke of homesteading alone without female
companionship...so I am confused Don. Of course, it makes no difference
to me and it is none of my business really, but is 'Don looking' or
isn't he?
And Moon, why are you trying to find a match for your ex? Better yet,
why do you think he would be right for Lynn?

I am super confused....but then, I am really super blond, too.
I hadn't thought about Marie and Don though...interesting...two really
strong personalities, both liberal, both smart...Hmmmmm....you guys
might think about meeting at Heartwood for pizza or something.<g>

For those that do not know, I talked Ron into homesteading. He had
never lived in the country-had no experience with it whatsoever. Now he
loves it, and our issues had nothing to do with homesteading. So it is
possible to convert a city boy. In my case, it helped that he had
hobbies that work well in a homestead environment,like astronomy, where
dark skies are a must, and model rocketry, RC planes, etc....Ron is All
things 'Sky'

Bev, married 24 years this month, for better or worse, richer or poorer,
in sickness and in health.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda