homestead - Re: [Homestead] Don's looking for a lady?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Don's looking for a lady?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:52:08 -0500

Hah!

I was happily married to one of the Originals for about a quarter of a
century. I'm a piece of work in my own right, not someone that a
reasonable man would want to pair up with. Plus, the last few years of
Jim's life was misery in spades. We had a long history at that time,
and I would have done anything to take care of him (as would have my
sisters and their respective spouses -- he was that kind of guy). But,
as an acquaintance of mine whose spouse has MS in a truly
debilitaiting form( we could be friends if either of us had the time)
has said, When John is gone, no way will I re-marrry -- with my luck
my next one would have a stroke during the honeymoon, That about
covers it for me. I'm not great at taking care of people in general,
and right now I'm happy that I can simply shoot any of my dependents
who become disabled.

I work with a hard bunch of post-menopausal single women (most of us
widows). We're pretty much of the opinion that they guy would have to
have real credentials to be considered, and -- well, damn, why would
you want to consider anyone?????

OTOH, Don reads (all those books) and he can do stuff. So he can't be
stooooooopid.

I remain in central Illinois on my 10 acres