homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:54:19 -0700 (PDT)

My grandfather had a big 'combine' for soybeans. Boring work (I was too
young to drive the combine, myself). The driver would drive on , and on ,
and on, down straight rows,; turnaround and do the same. back and forth ,
all day long .....bobford

Marie included a woikipedia article on combines, it showed one dumping the
shelled corn into a trailer; but didn't show how it shelled the corn off the
cob --that is what I want to see.

The youtube video I posted shows a combine working, but it dumps a load of
shucked corn, still on-the-cob ......bobford