homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fall Happenings
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

I knew that (about sweet corn); I had just forgotteen; thanks Lynn. I
remember as a child, picking corn by hand and throwing it into a slow moving
trailer.

Every year at harvest time, we get 'sweet corn' , here in phoenix, brought
up fresh in trucks froma farm in central Arizona. When my MIL was alive, a
couple of times we drove up to near Camp Verde and bought fresh sweet corn
from a produce stand right next to the cornfield.

I have never seen a tractor that shells corn as it picks the corn. Maybe I
can find a video on youtube. What do they do with the cob? bobford

-