homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ramen noodles

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ramen noodles
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:29:59 -0400

My fave ramen noodles

1 small can chicken (do not drain)
1 cup frozen mixed veggies (I prefer broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix)
1 pack chicken ramen noodles
water as per ramen noodle pack directions

Put water and veggies in a med sauce pan and bring water to boil.
Add ramen noodles and cook as per directions. Add chicken and broth at one minute till done.
Remove from heat and add 1/2 packet of noodle seasoning. Stir.
Note: if using precooked leftover or canned veggies, drain and add when you add the chicken.
If using fresh veggies, partially cook in the noodle water before adding noodles.

or

1/2 cup frozen peeled small shrimp (or more if desired) thawed as per package directions.
1/cup frozen mixed veggies
1 pack shrimp or oriental ramen noodles
Make same as above but use entire pack of noodle seasoning.

You can easily adapt this for any precooked meat and noodle flavor.

You can also do something similar using seasoned coos coos (have some in the fridge right now), rice a roni, or any seasoned rice preparation or use your imagination and make from scratch with brown rice (cook in chicken broth), veggies, chicken, chicken seasoning (my fave).

Wendy

My midnight snack tonight, as has been of late, is a pack of ramen
noodles. I know, real healthy, but I'm finding that I need the carbs for
whatever reason. Anyway, I noticed tonight that a pack of ramen noodles
is actually two servings, which is crazy to me. So I sit here indulging
with my 2 helpings of ramen, I wonder,
What is your favorite way to eat ramen noodles?
--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from
the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan