homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ramen noodles

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ramen noodles
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 02:42:35 -0400

I don't think anyone ever makes them as directed, do they?
I cook the noodles in bowl with just enough water to cover the block. 2 minutes in the microwave. Then, I turn the block over, add seasoning, and cook an additional minute. Sometimes, I throw in whatever leftover veggies and/or meat I have.
For the seasoning, I like crushed red peppers, Tony Chacheri's Creole seasoning, thyme, garlic, and/or onion salt, depending on my mood.
I rarely use the 'flavor packet', but I like all flavors except the chickens...oriental and shrimp are the best, then beef, pork and chicken. The absolute best thing though is to cook the noodles and add any leftover stirfry anything..
I know there are books out there dedicated just to ramen cooking.
Just looking for something different to eat.

Lynda wrote:
I used to buy them, back in the dark ages when there was a brand without MSG. The kidlets liked to fix them as a snack but they didn't follow the directions and didn't make them like a soup. They melted butter with a little of the water they boiled the noodles in, mixed in the flavor packet, and tossed in come diced chicken and sliced green onions, drained the noodles and then tossed them in the "sauce."