homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dow could close below 8000

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dow could close below 8000
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:23:15 -0400

> Just checked Bloomberg.com, the market is currently rebounding. Bush
> speaks
> at 10:25 to reassure us that everything will be okay. Will be interesting
> afterwards, will the markets believe him?
I watched his speech and he said nothing. He has nothing to say, has no
political power left, and is just waiting out the clock so he can slide into
oblivion. The deficient this year could approach $2T. He will leave office
with the country in debt well over $10T, about twice what it was eight years
ago.

The market plunged to below 7000 then recovered when the Plunge Protection
Team jumped in. It was trading near opening until the speech when it
started back down again.

Republicans, the party that destroyed America.

>We had no idea the market had dropped that much.
> We sat on the couch together and digested the information, he turned and
> said, "All this stuff you've been telling me, it's happening. What's
> coming
> next?" I had to smile. I have no idea.

None of us know what is next. The tea leaves are showing a global economic
recession that could last another year and a half. I am surprised the
layoffs have been so mild, it may be Republican business owners trying to
hold on until after the election. When that happens the bottom will be a
long ways off.

> It may become harder to find them, but there is always a silver lining.
Here in Asheville many stations are closed, many others only have regular
with the other pumps covered and the signs blank, and a few have all grades
with regular $3.79 and high test at over $4.40.

I will be here until November 14 then head west. The only reason I am
staying this long is that I promised my son I would stay around for his
birthday. I may have to go back earlier, my 89 y.o. mother fell and banged
her head. The CAT scan results are due today.

Don Bowen KI6DIU