homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dow could close below 8000

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dow could close below 8000
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:46:21 -0400

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> > It may become harder to find them, but there is always a silver lining.
> Here in Asheville many stations are closed, many others only have regular
> with the other pumps covered and the signs blank, and a few have all grades
> with regular $3.79 and high test at over $4.40.
>
> I will be here until November 14 then head west. The only reason I am
> staying this long is that I promised my son I would stay around for his
> birthday. I may have to go back earlier, my 89 y.o. mother fell and banged
> her head. The CAT scan results are due today.

Don, first, I hope that your mother is okay.

Thanks for the heads-up on A'ville. We travel there next week for LEAF
festival. Looks like we ought to bring 2 or 3 full gas cans with us. Gas
was $3.59 here last Saturday and has since dropped to $3.19 but some spots
in Roanoke have it as low as $2.99. It bugs me that $2.99 seems dirt cheap
when it used to be super expensive.

lkvp