homestead - Re: [Homestead] what??

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] what??
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:33:31 -0400

I saw an interesting article after the first debate (sorry; don't
remember where). It was written by an anthropologist that has studied
(non-human) primate behavior, particularly alpha males and young males
that challenge them. The article said that a true alpha male will make
eye contact with other males to let them know who is boss. When an older
male refused eye contact, it was because he knew that he couldn't take
on the younger male and win. Of course, that's more of a physical thing.
Thank goodness our candidates don't have to wrestle or do pistols at 10
paces for the presidency, but I think Mccain IS scared.

Lynn Wigglesworth