homestead - Re: [Homestead] My ferrocement birdbath

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My ferrocement birdbath
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 12:19:44 -0400

eureka AT hctc.net wrote:
Bev, I love the birdbaths! I had no idea you also had an artistic bent. I also enjoyed your garden pics. Thanks for sharing.

LOL...thanks Sage, although I think the term 'bent' describes me better than than 'artistic'...LOL...I'm sure several here would agree.
We moved here on Halloween in '98, so 99 was the first year garden. There are a few missing years...like 2001 when I traveled, and several other years when I wasn't healthy enough to garden. You can still see the transition from conventional row gardening to raised beds. I came up with the garden idea basically because I am a pessimist. I foresee that one day I will be in a wheelchair, and I wanted to be able to plant things and tend the garden from there. I have put down layers of carpet and cardboard in the aisles, which are about 40" wide, great for my oversized wheelbarrow and its tractor tires or great for a big wheelchair with a big woman in it...lol.. hopefully in a few more years, I won't have to keep adding organic matter to raise the soil level.

Bev
--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan