homestead - Re: [Homestead] My ferrocement birdbath

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My ferrocement birdbath
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:27:50 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Let us know how the color and sealant age. I do ferrocement and I am always on the lookout for permanent coloration. Haven't found it yet. Finely ground minerals seem best but they also fade.

Yeah, I am concerned, too. I am hoping that the paint pigment entered enough of the pores to really maintain the color under the sealer.

Have you ever experimented using algae or pond scum, mixed into the concrete to color it?

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan