homestead - Re: [Homestead] Naomi (has lost her mind) Wolf - Give Me Liberty

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Naomi (has lost her mind) Wolf - Give Me Liberty
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:16:36 -0400

To me the fear is more than being 'spied on'. I don't do anything the
government would ever care about. I care that my rights are being taken
away. Just on the agricultural front, as Joel Salatin says, "Everything
I want to do is illegal". The government (and it's subsidiaries like
Monsanto) is trying to control things that they have no business getting
involved in.

Wolf came up with her '10 steps to fascism' and has seen George Bush
take every step. Her steps represent "closing" an open society, but
whether they represent actual fascism, I don't know. Ask the journalists
at the RNC, whose equipment was broken so reports of the protest
couldn't get out. Ask people held without trial. Ask the 3rd party
candidates who get shut out of the debates. Ask the Representatives who
were threated with martial law if they didn't vote for the bailout. I
think Wolf isn't alone in seeing a Police State.

Lynn Wigglesworth