homestead - Re: [Homestead] Is it serious, or is it not?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Is it serious, or is it not?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 12:16:20 EDT

> >I get the impression that it IS important
> TO THEM.

To most Americans, and espcially, I'd suppose, to those on this list, all
this blather about the big banks needing bailed out because otherwise the
bottom
rung worker will be harmed seems an odd concept .... except maybe to Bob.

But to understand this, you have to keep in mind that the wealthy, mainly
wealthy conservatives and Repbublicans but also most wealthy Democrats,
believe
Reagan's 'Tinkle Down Economics' as if it were gospel, as if it were one of
the
fundamental cosmic laws of the universe.

Put on the spot they (the plutarchs) would freely admit that the money is
ONLY going to help the very wealthy bankers and their interest. BUT, say
they,
the common worker's very life and breath depends on the wealthy 'creating'
jobs. If the wealthy don't stay wealthy, the poor, for lack of jobs, would
perish
in the streets.

The homesteading life and many other life styles like non-debt entrepreneur,
the craftsman, the artisan, etc. do NOT depend on the wealthy's tide that
floats all ships. </HTML>