homestead - Re: [Homestead] Is it serious, or is it not?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Is it serious, or is it not?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:34:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, wait a minute, James <G>. I'm as philosophically opposed to any
bail-out as you. But, I am very worried about how the markets could ruin
people;

I'm concerned how even small businesses, in cities, and in small towns, can
function in a new economic paradigm, thrust upon them with no notice.

Perhaps the local gas station near the state line doesn't have a credit
account with Mobil or BP, but I'll bet the ones in Johnson City, Knoxville,
Oak Ridge, etc. will. As will the local Napa store, the the local
restaurants who have accounts with food distributor. And, all of those
places have employees --hard working people--who could lose their jobs.

Perhaps the trickle down theory of prosperity didn't work; but, I'm willing
to wager that the trickle down of misery will be quite apparent.

I can't believe that you have no friends, acquaintances, cousins, in-laws,
musician friends, etc. that are immune from such an economic collapse.

Ford lost a third of sales this quarter (announced thirty minutes ago) ford
dealerships hire salesmen, mechanics, secretaries, etc. Ford could soon be
gone. Those employees eat at restaurants, pay to go to lounges to listen to
musicians and eat fried shrimp and nachos. It is all interconnected

I don't disagree with you. I think you are correct. I keep reading Ron Paul
, WSJ, Financial Times, etc. trying to figure out how this mess could
further itself without hurting people for whom I care. Right now, I don't
see how that is possible. ...............bobford