homestead - Re: [Homestead] Is it serious, or is it not?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Is it serious, or is it not?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 05:40:11 -0500

> After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be
> Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham
> Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan. 143 days.

How many days of experience at the national level did Lincoln have
before he was nominated for the presidency? Two years (I'm not sure
how long House sessions were in those days)and he botched it so badly
that he didn't even bother to run for reelection. Buchanan, his
predecessor in the presidency, had a long federal career and was
arguably the worse president ever until Bush II arrived to give him
some competition.

Bringing this issue up to date: was there ever a more experienced team
than Cheney and Rumsfeld?

Marie