homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractors as investments

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org, wce1482 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractors as investments
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 06:39:51 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 9/29/08, william Eggers <wce1482 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just catching up on my email, but I had to tell about horse
> farming.  I asked my dad once why he went to tractors
> instead of horses and he said that when you come in for
> dinner, all you had to do was turn off the key.

Also horses have to eat every day. A tractor doesn't need to be fed until
you need to use it.
Not sure how accurate but I remember this statistic, that it can take as much
as a quarter of the land a horse can work to feed that horse? Anyway that
does need to be figured in.
That said I'd like to have horses but doubt that will ever happen.
Van Dell