homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tractors as investments

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tractors as investments
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:51:14 -0400

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

> But these tractors, all of them, run on fuel called gasoline or diesel,
> right? Am I missing something? That we're going to have lots of (affordable)
> fuel for years to come? Pardon my cynicism. I'm full of it these days.

Most of my farm work is done by hand. I probably don't use more than 20
gallons of gas a year in my tractor, but I have no other way to move 900
pound bales of hay. Having the tractor available to do the really heavy
work or move hay or pull my truck (or my sheep) out of the mud is a good
deal for me.

Lynn Wigglesworth