homestead - Re: [Homestead] Plants are blooming

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Plants are blooming
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:31:18 EDT

I will suggest that to her. It's only a maybe 15x15 plot, enclosed by chain
link, as I said, but it seems to be enough for her - her husband passed away
couple of years ago, and her mother a month ago. It's in a good location
sun-wise, and is sheltered from the west-prevailing winds by sheets of (?)
some
sort of fabric on one sde, and a stand of oleanders on the other side. Wind
is a major factor here, as well as uncontrolled development in the Victor
Valley, which has dropped our water table, and lots of folks have had to put
in
new wells - a major expense.

In a message dated 9/20/2008 7:01:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,