homestead - [Homestead] Plants are blooming

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Plants are blooming
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 06:06:41 -0700 (PDT)

I have about 16 tomatoes, maybe 10 have blossoms.  four bell pepper plants,
all have buds and a few smell knotty looking peppers.  We finally had four
consecutive days of below 104 degree temperature, that is supposed to be the
baseline for blossoms to set.  Hopefully in a few weeks I will start
harvesting .  The okra and squash are still barren.

The past few mornings have been nice and cool.  It is just breaking dawn and
only 84 degrees.  Must go find my sweater  ........bobford