homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rev Wright and Hatred

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <vdjor AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rev Wright and Hatred
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:22:43 -0800

Ah, yes and no. Aren't you glad you got a clear answer? Loaded with vitriol (subject to bitter verbal abuse; abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will), yes. He spent his time blaming everything on the government, crying racism and so forth and so on.

Was his edited speech a hate speech (as defined in law), no. Can other speeches be so defined? Not most, maybe some but usually would be simply defined as vitriol or vituperation.

Did he scream, rant and rave. You bet. And he definately had leanings toward those who do preach hate (as legally defined) such as Farakhan.

I'd say the man would have loved to be Farakhan and use his pulpit to preach the same stuff but knew which side his bread was buttered on. He liked his million dollar mansion too much.

Lynda
---- Original Message ----- From: "VAN DELL JORDAN" <vdjor AT yahoo.com>

Was there a twenty year history or was this a one time or occasional outburst? I remember a quote that this hatred was not a large or integral part of Wrights preaching. Don't really know I'm just asking the question.
Van Dell