homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:06:42 -0700

At 9/11/2008 05:48 PM,Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Bob; I don't know if she was paraphrasing Lincoln...didn't he think that
the Civil War was a punishment from God (for both sides)? I haven't been
to church for many years, either, so I don't know the current religious
views about holy wars. It bothers me when people proclaim that something
they want to do is "God's will" or "a task from God"...especially if
they mix that religion with their political agendas (the pipeline Palin,
as Governor, wanted to build was "God's will"). If you don't agree with
their agenda, does that make you anti-God?

Lynn Wigglesworth

I see a politician talking about "God's will" and thought about all those movies I've seen about the Crusades.
IMO we already have enough problems brought on by religious fanatics doing 'God's work'.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net