homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:55:35 EDT

Well, James, I'm not sure if that was addressed to me or to Bob, but...

The one and only time I tried smoking...those funny cigarettes...was in the
heyday of the mini-skirt and the beanbag chair. Both were travesties - I see
that now.
My first office party. I found I couldn't get up out of the damned chair and
just sat there all night with my legs crossed, hoping my bladder wouldn't
burst.
When the room finally emptied, I rolled to my feet and headed for
you-know-where.
The irony in all this is - after all these years, time and gravity have
taken their toll and I'm sure - should I ever be so foolish again, even with
out
the noxious weed - I now could not now get up from the beanbag chair for a
whole other set of reasons.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 9/12/2008 7:33:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Clansgian AT wmconnect.com writes:

> >Bob, let me take this obportunity to congratulate on your logic.
> Sandy
> Mid-Mojave

Not to mention the quality of the stuff you are smoking.