homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intro & Question

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intro & Question
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:23:29 -0400

Glad you joined the group and are enjoying it. It's usually this
boisterous here! It's a good group of homestead types that don't mind
differing on politics.

I feel like the government knows as much about me as they did when I
was in the city. I work an outside job, so pay state and federal
income, state and local property taxes and there are lots of other
ways they can track me down.

I figure that in a national emergency it would be harder to corral me
here if I didn't want to be corralled than in town.

Rob - Va