homestead - Re: [Homestead] June, July and August

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] June, July and August
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 15:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

Though it sounds like a good idea, you can't embarress deer away from your
garden by painting their rump <g>  -- They are colorblind.  It sounds like
your area of Virginia has a serious problem with deer overpopulation.  Only
disaese or predation (hunters) will help, with the overall problem.  Inviting
the hunters is your best best for your specific problem (concrete block wall,
even for a garden area, would be costly), I don't know as much about farm
dogs as most of you; My dog would probably try to cut a deal with the deer,
she's crafty that way.........bobford