homestead - Re: [Homestead] Doniel Boone Bowen

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Doniel Boone Bowen
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:58:57 -0400

On Jul 19, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Rob wrote: ...
It's hard to find a good raccoon recipe on the internet, now "The Joy
Of Cooking" 2 editions back (the one I got in '73) still had wild
game recipes in it.

I have a most wonderful wife. She recently made something (yummy potato bread) from the Joy of Cooking I brought to our household, and so I knew the book was nearby. It's the 1975 edition (1980 printing) and it has 6 pages on Game.

Since I don't have a rifle, we probably won't be making groundhog stew soon, but we do have the book. And groundhogs.

Roy

Roy Morgan
13033 Downey Mill Rd
Lovettsville, VA 20180