homestead - Re: [Homestead] Doniel Boone Bowen

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Doniel Boone Bowen
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:16:49 -0700

At 7/19/2008 02:47 PM,Don Bowen wrote:
Hey, Booneville Missouri is just up the road a piece. Besides how does a
Tilley hat compare to a Coon Skin cap? I think I will drag out my black
powder rifle and go a coon hunting.

It's hard to find a good raccoon recipe on the internet, now "The Joy Of Cooking" 2 editions back (the one I got in '73) still had wild game recipes in it. I did find this one for roast raccoon http://www.bigoven.com/130527-Roast-Raccoon-recipe.html
Anyway if your blackpowder is a large caliber you might want to watch where you hit the raccoon, I'd suggest barking it but I've seen some big raccoons and I'd hate to see a large, pissed off raccoon on the ground next to me .... Plus you really want enough left for a cap and a roast <g>. A .22 would be good for this.

Good hunting Don & watch your fingers while you're clearing the brush.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net