homestead - Re: [Homestead] Floods

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Floods
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

--- bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Don; if you go to help your cousin; don't forget to
> stop by a clinic for a tetanus shot. Best of luck.
> After your post I turned on tv to see if any of the
> cable (so called ) news stations had any information
> or updates.

Heard news report today about flooding at Quincy Ill.
I believe Quincy is on a bluff so flooding must be on
Mo side.
Chat room friend yesterday said levees had broken at
St Louis.
haven't read a report from my hometown but I grew up
on a farm in Chariton river bottom. Remember at least
six floods between 50 & 75... Five years that my Dad's
income was Zero.
Van Dell