homestead - Re: [Homestead] Floods

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Floods
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:47:58 -0400

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:15 PM, <Bunjov AT aol.com> wrote:

> Back to serious stuff. I was wondering when Don would get / be involved -
> I'm just sorry it affects a family member - or anyone else.

Ditto. Sorry to hear this, Don.

> And I've been meaning to ask...Don? Do we know the status of the huge
> number
> of people who were displaced (also mis-placed) by Katrina? Have they just
> ridden off - or been driven off - into the sunset, to depend on their own
> resources, or relatives, or government support systems? How soon we
> forget.

Wondering about the size and scope of the recent floods, it seems to involve
several states and thousands of acres of crop land. It reminds me of when
Hurricane Katrina hit and our President didn't make a visit until a week
later? Too busy on his farewell tour, I guess.