homestead - Re: [Homestead] Floods

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Floods
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:15:12 -0700 (PDT)

The Exeucutive was shameful in its' late appearance. As were the many
members of the Legislative branch who decried the Executuve as they sat
comfortably and watched the disaster on television.
Part of my misspent youth played out in South Louisiana. The political
leadership from the governor down has always been that of a banana republic.
Before being re-elected to a second term, Gov. Edwin Edwards proclaimed that
the only way he would not be re-elcted was if he were "caught in bed with a
dead girl or a live boy" (he died in federal prison a few years ago).
The new Governor they have now (East Indian heritage--can't remeber his
name) appears to be competent and honest. If appearnces are correct; he will
be the first governor of Louisiana, in my lifetime, to have that combination
of characteristics.
Part of New Orleans should not be rebuilt. And probably 90 % of the
politicians in the southern part of the state should be in jail.
Le bon temps roullets......bobford

. It