homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pasture question

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pasture question
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:36:06 -0500

Or if it's a large area that the goats aren't making inroads into, get
a couple of calves. As grass grows, it gets less nutritious, and it's
better to mow it if the animal population can't keep it low. With all
the rain, I'm at the point of needing more grazers, but they will just
be another hassle. Had I known we were going to have monsoons, I would
have started trying to figure out where to get calves earlier.

Marie