homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pasture question

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pasture question
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:18:00 -0400

> Perhaps there is someone in your community with a suitable mower with
> whom you could barter.

There are people here with the equipment, but most of what I have as
pasture really needs to be plowed and disked before anyone would take
the equipment in there. It is old tobacco fields in which they left
the furrows after the last crop.

Bush hog it is. Now, I've got 1/3 of the place disked down and level
once that gets to pasture, I can get haying equipment in without
damaging it.

Rob - Va