homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:45:23 -0800

Yeah, that's sending a message alrighty! The message is lie as long as it looks good, you figure people are too stupid to figure it out and you can CYA if you get caught by pointing out the technicalities. Yup, that's the message I want my kids to get from politics.

And, folks seem to keep forgetting that they never said they wouldn't take money from lobbyists. they said they "will no longer accept Washington lobbyist donations." Hello! That leaves them wide open to all kinds of lobbyists. Not all lobbyists and PACs are out of Washington, nor do they do their lobbying in Washington. THOUSANDS of lobbyists are locals and have agreements with the big boys to do their bidding in Washington. That leaves a whole slug of lobbyists out there that Obama and the Teflonistas can rally round the money pit known as a campaign!

I've done lobbying. I've been part of a PAC. We were registered out here. That means we weren't a "Washington lobbyist" and could have made donations. Sheesh, Teflon really, really makes Slick Willy look dull!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

Finally do you say? Five years ago it was McCain (McCain-Feingold Act) that
sent a much louder message purporting to put much stricter limitations on
contributions to political parties and candidates.

It is not OK for a candidate (that would be Obama) to present to the people
the notion that he and the DNC that no money from PAC's or lobbyists is coming
into the party when in fact it continues unabated and yet complying with his
restrictions.

You seem to think this 'sending a message' is something valuable. I think
out and out fraud is despicable and am amazed that this is deception is being
held up as proof of Obama's worth and virtue. </HTML>