homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 22:36:58 EDT

> >In my experience, the dragon you fear -- and have therefore made
> preparations against -- is not the one that will rip chunks out of
> your butt. Something else will get you.

Marie, this butt biting had better get a move on. I've been hearing that
since I was 20. "You think your ideas are so great, just wait, it (they,
something) will get you!" Individuals on this list have been telling me that
for
ten years. The years are passing now.

Still waiting.

What's the deal, when I keel over at 94 are your ilk going to be there saying
"See, see! I told you something was going to get him!"

> I really believe that the way you feel, and act, toward your
fellow human comes back to you, in this life at least.

I'm counting on it. I welcome the karma. Do you recall the lines in Willie
Nelson's 'Pancho & Lefty'

" He wore his gun ouside his pants
For all the honest world to feel."

Did it ever occur to you that well ensconced in content middle age, it might
BE my karma for dealing honestly with people ... much unlike a certain Teflon
Senator we've been discussing?

I'm not concerned. What, did I just see you glancing over your shoulder??
</HTML>