homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:50:17 -0400

The DNC is now officially not accepting money from lobbyists and special interests.

Look, no one is wiser than me about the ways you can diddle money, I know it's still possible.

But they came out and SAID...WE ARE NOT DOING THIS. The message, however it might get subverted, is that it's NOT ok. Which I'll take over the GOP's historical stance.

How is this "falling" for anything? The word that's being put out, the actual MESSAGE that is sent, is one that is good. If he's still getting money from people who want to see him elected for one reason or another, I don't care, everybody's doing it. I care that he's what we've got to work with and he is at least paying lip service to trying to do the right thing.

At least, finally, there is a message, however distorted, how ever it might be worked around, that accepting money from special interests is not ok. I just can't argue with that.