homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 22:20:24 EDT

> >At least, finally, there is a message, however distorted, how ever it
> might be worked around, that accepting money from special interests is
> not ok. I just can't argue with that.

Finally do you say? Five years ago it was McCain (McCain-Feingold Act) that
sent a much louder message purporting to put much stricter limitations on
contributions to political parties and candidates.

It is not OK for a candidate (that would be Obama) to present to the people
the notion that he and the DNC that no money from PAC's or lobbyists is
coming
into the party when in fact it continues unabated and yet complying with his
restrictions.

You seem to think this 'sending a message' is something valuable. I think
out and out fraud is despicable and am amazed that this is deception is being
held up as proof of Obama's worth and virtue. </HTML>