homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 22:41:27 EDT

> >Had we followed
> his energy policies -- he was the last US president to have reducing
> our dependence on oil a major goal -- we wouldn't be in the shape
> we're in now.

Eh? It was Carter's policy, still in place, that prohibits us from recycling
nuclear material for domestic use. It all must be disposed of in storage.
That policy alone has prevented the wide use of nuclear energy in this
couintry.

It was Gore's global warming halluciantions that started the ethanol
subsidies and so he is single-handedly responsible for starving millions
around the
world.

Geesh, the people some admire!

Right, though, if Carter's polices had continued unabated, we indeed wouldn't
be in the same shape we are in now. It would be far worse. </HTML>