homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:07:11 EDT

> >It's a start. I'll take it. It's better than nothing.

I love it! I'm using the above quote on a blog, I promise it will be
anonymous.

Have you seen in the grocery stores the cartons and bottles of orange juice
that say "Contains no cholesterol!" That's for the mindless shopper who will
think that if he buys this Brand A orange juice, he will be getting the
special
no-cholestrol orange juice, but if he bought brand B, it no doubt contains
cholesterol.

That disclosure is put there for idiots. No food of plant source ever
contains any cholesterol.

Obama's pledge to not accept lobbyist money is the same thing. PAC money is
already severely restricted and all he has promised about the lobbyist money
is to not accept it directly. That's like a prostitute saying she will no
longer accept money for sex, no indeed, just put it in the jar by the door as
you
leave!

But moreso it illustrates how easily Obama can say something of no substance
at all and the Obamaniacs swoon at the scope of the mind-boggling changes.
'See, he said there would be changes, see, they've begun ....'

This is going to be so entertaining .... in fact ... it's already begun.
</HTML>