homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:50:01 -0400

On Jun 6, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

What I do care about is that more young people are involved in his
campaign than at any other time in history, because they have not yet
been jaded. <snip>

. It's not HIM, it's the idea of him.
<snip>
He is attractive and
accessible and most of his record isn't any more heinous than anybody
else. So why not?

Celia, I can't imagine that you don't see how dangerous this posture is. It
is both how the major despots of the world got into office and the major duds
as well (such as Carter).

If you are trying to cross a river and there are alligators upstream and
piranha downstream, you don't stop to count teeth, you get out of the water.

No man, you build a bridge.

If we don't work to build the small impetus this man's campaign gives us (remember, nominally, it's change for the better right?) than how is the world ever going to get better?