homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gas budget buying plans

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gas budget buying plans
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:17:43 -0400

No, that part I get. I meant, what do they propose to do when oil is $10 a gallon? Or you can't get it and 10,000 people are standing there with their petrol cans? I guess a one-time rebate at time of purchase makes sense, I didn't think about them settling up now at purchase.

And it made me wonder, too, at how they costed it out and how they
plan to make it work.

It's quite simple when you read the fine print. Those offers typcially run:
"Based on 18000 miles driving with an average of 30 miles per gallon for a
maximum price per gallon of $3.99" In other words, they are offering you a
$3,000 "rebate". They've been doing that for years.

Even at that, it's fake. All they are doing is selling you a $30,000 vehicle
for $33,000. In other words all that you are doing is borrowing that gas
money from the dealership's acceptance corporation at an outrageous interest
rate.

</HTML>