homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:43:07 -0400

It's a start. I'll take it. It's better than nothing.

On Jun 6, 2008, at 8:38 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Did anyone catch that Obama/ the DNC will not longer accept PAC/
lobbyist donations?

Wouldn't it be nice if McCain would follow suit?

It would be even better if Obama followed suit.

The ban is ONLY on PAC's and lobbyists that do business directly with the
federal government. For example the NEA is not included.

It only bans contributions for registered lobbyists directly. It does NOT
ban contributions from the lobbyists' spouse, family, or employees.

More of the same 'Changes we can be fooled by.' </HTML>