homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chickens

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chickens
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 20:59:08 -0400

On May 21, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:...
Before you boys hurt yourselves with engineering a coon-proof door
(don't make me laugh), just get a dog.

But, but... we have SIX of our own dogs and one long term visitor. Moon wants ANOTHER one, though.. sigh.

,,,, I have an Anatolian spayed bitch who is fine with all creatures
great and small except my wee border collie

We have a very small (half size) mostly-Corgi who has a will and constitution much bigger than she is.

... I have, alas, a 100+ pound puppy who wants to chew on
whatever fits in his mouth (yesterday it was the seat of the Kubota --
what was he thinking?).

The seat no doubt tasted a bit of the dog's people. YUM! I once knew of a large young male dog who was very people oriented, but was left in a toyota for a half hour one day. He ate the insides of the car. All of it, roof liner,seats, dash padding, door handles. All of it.

...anyone who can design a door that protects chickens undoubtedly has
the ability to train a dog.

Likely. I'd really want any Anatolian to be well trained.

Roy

k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180