homestead - Re: [Homestead] Two ranchers get together to chat

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Two ranchers get together to chat
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 22:01:28 -0400

On May 18, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Gene GeRue wrote:

See, what we need is an absorption engine. It absorbs the energy of
the universe and makes things go. ..
Roy, I could use a little help here.

Pssst: Shades of Nikolai Tesla and his far more idiotic modern proponents. I can't help much.

There DO seem to be ways to harness the energy of the universe. But as I understand it, it's at the energy level of ideas and the like. Not enough to light a lamp.

Oh, have you ever seen those little glass globes with the four black and white diamond shaped paddles in them? They spin when enough light shines on them. VERY little energy is needed. Possibly way less than a mosquito develops. (The insect, not the renowned airplane.)

Some marine weather buoys use the energy from the waves to power them, and also likely have solar cells.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180