homestead - Re: [Homestead] Two ranchers get together to chat

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Two ranchers get together to chat
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 08:37:44 -0700

I'm not so hopeful about this as you guys. The analysis that I've seen, and
the numbers seem to hold true, is that a wind generator over its expected life
span does not generate enough energy to make another wind generator.

The point I am trying to make over and over is that solar, wind, bio fuels all depend on solar energy collected and used immediately. Oil and coal took millions of years to collect solar energy, compare that to only a few months for bio fuels. That is why bio fuels, solar, wind, etc will always be much more expensive and will not replace motor fuels.

Don Bowen KI6DIU